[Okfn-ca] [Open Knowledge Forums] [Working Groups/Open Government Data] Mapping local initiatives supporting refugees
Mor
2015-12-29 14:26:58 UTC
@Margo, i found this initiative from Italy today, it seems like they have a lot of data and are well networked, maybe they can help you find local organisations as well?
http://openmigration.org/

Posted by Mor on 12/29/2015

---
*Previous Replies*

Thanks Mor for replying! Yes, Migrant Files is really well done but I need data on organisations helping refugees/migrants, and the project is not reporting that.

I have found http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/hilfe-fuer-fluechtlinge-101.html, the map is under Open Data Commons Open Database Lizenz but there is no data to be downloaded from the site ... I contacted the people there and hope to hear from them.

For France & Belgium, there are definitely much less to be seen online ... still researching.

Posted by Margo on 12/24/2015

Hi Margo,

Beside the wonderful The Migrants file - http://www.themigrantsfiles.com/ - I would love to hear about similar initiatives as well!
@juliakloiber and @PJPauwels - do you know any initiatives in your countries?

Posted by Mor on 12/23/2015

Hi,

I am looking for open data on local initiatives/projects/organisations supporting refugees in Europe, particularly in Germany, France & Belgium.

Any tip?

Margo

Posted by Margo on 12/22/2015

---
To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discuss.okfn.org/t/mapping-local-initiatives-supporting-refugees/1710/4 in your browser.

CecileLG
2015-12-29 16:26:54 UTC
Hey @Margo there's also this French initiative called [SINGA (content in English)](http://singa.fr/qui-sommes-nous/what-is-singa/), which is very popular here in France, and who aims at bringing connexions between refugees and locals by organizing joint activities, but also supports refugees willing to create businesses, organizations and cultural and artistic projects by connecting them with the relevant people and other organizations in the host country that can help them develop their ideas.

Recently, they've created a program / web application that aims at creating of network of citizens who are willing to open their homes and welcome refugees. They faced a huge success and a lot of people applied to welcome refugees in their homes, which was very positive, and they are now working on making this sustainable.

More info (in French) here >
http://singa.fr/la-communaute/calm-comme-a-la-maison/

Hope that helps!

Posted by CecileLG on 12/29/2015